The Hole-In-One Club is insurance for making the greatest shot in golf.
The following rules apply to the Anthem Golf & Country Club Hole-in-One Club
- The Hole in One Club is open to all male and female Golf Members of Anthem Golf & Country Club.
- The current men’s and women’s Hole-in-One Clubs will be merged October 1, 2008. Each woman currently in the women’s Hole-in-One Club will have her $5 fee transferred to the new Hole-in-One Club. Each man currently in the men’s Hole-in-One Club will have his $10 fee transferred to the new Hole-in-One Club. Each new Member will be charged a $5 entry fee.
- The payout for a valid Hole-in-One will be $595 unless the total Membership in the Hole-in-One Club is less than 119, in which case the payout will be $5 times the number of Members in the Club. A W9 for Prize form will only be required on multiple Hole-in-One winnings by a single Member in a calendar year. The IRS requirement is that a 1099-Misc be issued for all prizes or awards that are $600.00 or more. A multiple winner will exceed this threshold. The men who have transferred their $10 to the new Hole-in-One Club will be credited with making two (2) $5 contributions. After the first valid hole-in-one under these rules, all Members, except the men who had $10 transferred to the pot, will be charged $5.
- The payout of the fund will either be through a gift certificate or by check, whichever you prefer.
- The following USGA recommended guidelines will be adopted:
a. The round must be at least nine holes, unless a match ends before the nine hole scheduled round is completed.
b. There must be at least one witness who will certify to the hole-in-one.
c. A hole-in-one will be valid in a scramble competition.
d. A hole-in-one will not be valid if the golfer is playing a practice round, i.e. two balls or more, even if the hole-in-one is made on the first shot from the tee.
- Buying drinks after a hole-in-one is voluntary.
- To qualify, the hole-in-one must be made at Anthem Golf & Country Club and the score card must be signed by an Anthem Golf & Country Club Professional.
To become a Member of the Hole-in-One Club, you must fill out the enrollment form and return the the Golf Department at Anthem Golf & Country Club. The enrollment form is available on the Members Only side of the website and is also available in the Persimmon and Ironwood Golf Shops.
Adopt a Hole Program
The adopt a hole program is designed to allow members that are interested the opportunity to provide additional care for a hole on either the Persimmon or Ironwood golf course. This program has been very successful in years past and with the growth of the membership, it has the potential of being a great asset to the two golf courses.
The program is a completely optional, and for those that decide to participate, the main areas of concentration will be filling divots in the fairways and repairing ball marks on the green.
The sign-up sheets will be located in their respected golf shop and multiple members can sign-up for the same hole if they would like.